Sunday, August 30, 2009

We have one big BABY!!

Well last Wednesday we had an ultrasound to check the location of the placenta to see if it was till covering my cervix. I was so nervous because I knew that if it was still in the same position we were going to go ahead an schedule a C-section.

Well my husband met me for the ultrasound and right when she started to measure Baby Joanna's head, arms and legs we found out that we have a bigger baby then we thought!! She is measuring 4 weeks ahead in her weight and her height! At 31 weeks she weighs 4lbs 9ozs already! The u/s tech said that since we were both big babies and I am 6'0 tall and my husband is 6'4 that it was no surprise to her that this baby would be big:).
Well we went in to see the doctor after the u/s and the doc was shocked! She wants to triple check to see if by a slim chance I might still have GD..so I have to check my blood sugar for the next couple of days until Tuesday..so far it been fine so I dont think there is any chance I have GD. She just can not for the life of her figure out why I am measuring so ahead...I havent gained but 15lbs, my belly is not measuring all that big, I passed my 3 hour test(only failed my 1 hour by one freaking point)....I just want to shake my doc and say..SHE IS JUST A BIG BABY AND SHE IS READY TO COME EARLY! :) So we'll see what she says on Tuesday..the baby is big and healthy with a full head of hair and my placenta is exactly where its supposed to be!!! :) Looks like she will be her in October more than likely!

6 comments:

juliane2004 said...

Yup that's a big baby. I had an u/s at 29w5d, and mine was measuring 31w6d at 4lbs 6oz. WHOA.

Rachel H. said...

That is a big baby!! But that's okay...maybe she'll come even earlier than you are expecting.

Heather Cara said...

Sounds like your girl is ready to come out soon then they thought!

Mrs.F said...

Well I hope for your sake she isn't too big!! ;) Sounds like she is a healthy one... I can't wait to see her!

Heather Cara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prashant said...

i love your blog. Domain registration india