So I have realized that some of my readers may not know me very well because they havent met me in person. I thought I would just try and give you a mental picture of who I am. I am a pretty laid back person but I have my Mom's temper when I have to. I always make the joke that I am a very patient person but the "redneck" can come out in me if you mess with my friends or my family in the wrong way...which leads me to another side of me...I am from the SOUTH..yes from the south, true south. I know what you are thinking now..I live on a farm, have no teeth, uneducated..etc. Well only part of that is true. I am educated, I have my bachelors degree in Art Education and a minor in Art History. I have all my teeth! No cavaties ever!! BUT I do live on a farm, in the backwoods as people like to say. My husband and I have never lived in the "city", so NO I don't know what that's like and I probably never will and thats just fine with us. I can not deny my country accent though...I say words like "Dagum" and "ya'll", "fixing too.." Etc. LOL
We live on family land and our house is 50+years old. It definitely has character and gets on my last nerve sometimes but I can't complain too much because where we live is absolutely beautiful. Not many people can say they can look out their front window and see 12 acres of sunflowers, acres of corn/hay and three horses...awesome.:) We keep our family and friends very close to our hearts and we eat dinner with all of them at least once a week. My inlaws live right next door and my parents live 10 mins away from us, so needless to say Joanna is SPOILED!
On our free time my husband, Joanna and I go out on the boat on the weekends and Joanna is a waterbug. I grew up on a lake so its second nature to us. During the fall we are members of a hunting club, I know that sounds very southern...yes Joanna has her fair share of camo, but its a good family experience for us. My parents and his parents are also members and everyone comes together and stays in cabins..its pretty cool.
As far as my parenting style, for many of you that know me you know that I am "old-fashioned" and what I mean by that is I tend to do things the way my parents did with me and I don't pay much attention to the new age stuff. Joanna has juice contrary to the popular belief that it will cause obsesity, but it was actually recommended by her doctor and I didnt think twice about it. She will enjoy the foods that we enjoy but on a smaller scale of course. She will mind her manners and say "Yes ma'am and No ma'am" or she will get in trouble. I probably will not do the "time out by their age thing" I worked at a daycare and that method never seemed to work. My parents didnt ever really spank me but they would pop me from time to time if I talked back...they put the fear in me!lol..enough said.
I want Joanna to grow up loving her family and loving life as my husband and I did. I want her to love the outdoors and not be afraid to try new things. I was never a "girly girl" but I knew how to be one when I had to and I hope she is the same way. I hope she is strong like my Mom and I are and she doesn't put up with any crap.:)
Well, I don't really know what the purpose of this post was just if you were wondering!:)
1 comment:
You are a great Mom, & I'm sure you will instill all those wonderful qualities you have in Joanna :)
Post a Comment