Friday, February 6, 2009

It's been a while..but I have good news!

The meds have been going good, I am getting used to the shots. So as for now I am taking 33.3mg of Follistim shot at night and 1500mg total of Metformin, which means I take it three times a day...and my stomach has finally adjusted and the symptoms sometimes come and go.

Wednesday I had my CD9 u/s and I was somewhat disappointed. The nurse only found one decent follicle which was only about 14mm...and my right ovary was a HOT mess with 18 small ones that weren't doing much of anything.:(

BUT today I go back for my next CD11 u/s and right when she put the u/s thingy up to my left ovary we both started to smile..I thought to myself, that can't be TWO big ones!! WOOO HOO! She said "look at that, now you have two follicles in the running!" They looked perfect to me, but maybe I am biased;).lol So after the u/s I had my blown drawn for my LH levels to see if I am ovulating on my own or need the HCG shot. I spoke with the nurse and she said it looks like the IUI will be Sunday or Monday and that by then both my follicles will be at least 18mm...and the largest around 20!:)
I practically ran out to the car, I could not get to my cell phone fast enough. I called my husband right away and the first thing I said was "Honey, we have TWO now!! They are perfect!" You would think I just saw twins!lol He was soooo happy- he was like way to go honey, that is awesome. Every morning he kisses my stomach and roots for my ovaries and my lil eggies! I just love him.......:) He makes my heart melt. I could not look up at the sky enough on my ride to work and just thank god for the day and what I saw on that u/s.

Its the little things in life that I am look at now. Who would have ever thought in a million years I would be here going through what I am. Everything that has happened to me is making me stronger and more appreciative. One step at a time...I can't wait for Sunday/Monday.

4 comments:

Alma1107 said...

That's wonderful Kelsey! I hope everything goes well with your IUI *HUGS*

Hay Hay said...

So happy for you! I'm looking forward to that post that says "I'm having twins!" ;)

Lindsay said...

Aw! I am so excited for you! I hope that your IUI goes well and that this is your cycle!

IVF Again! said...

Wow! That's exciting news! I'm hopeful for twins! ;)