Sunday, January 11, 2009

1st RE appt.

So do you want the good news or the bad news first? How about the good news...
H has super sperm, his SA went great! He was so nervous at first, he kept saying he didnt want to let me down..and I kept reassuring him that he would never do that and everything would be ok. Well his results came back 158 and the normal range is in the 20's!! The doctor said he definitely has "bragging rights"!!lol You could tell that H was relieved to hear that.
Well, after we heard those results we both went into the room to get the internal u/s. I was happy to have H there beside me and I think he really learned alot from the doctor explaining everything. When the doctor looked at my right ovary he said I had 14 eggs in there and I said "well isnt that more than normal" and he said well the norm is about 8 so its not too bad. Then he looked over at my left ovary and said..."do you see all those eggs?" It was clear as day, I had 16 over there and my left ovary was larger than the right. So he took some pics and measured things out and we headed back into his office to talk. Right when H and I got back into his office I was able to see the docs computer and it said "Metformin and PCOS" in bold letters at the top of the page. I looked at H and I said "I knew it! I knew he was going to say PCOS." Well of course H was optimistic and he was like, well you never know...So the doc comes back in and pulls out some pics and information about PCOS. He looks at us both and says I think you have PCOS, all of your symptoms and signs point towards that. (symptoms: Acne-very bad, irregular periods, cysts..)It does not look like I have been ovulating, even though my charts say otherwise. He goes on to say that I have to be careful going forward because I am at a higher risk for diabetes. It was alot to take in but I am glad I had read up about PCOS before so I kind of knew what to expect. I think all H was hearing was diabetes and you could tell he got sad and worried. The doc reassured us that with meds and IUI's our chances go up and he will help us get PG.
After we talked to the doc a while and he explained all the bloodwork I had to go through and the meds he left the room and H and I got ready to go. H was reassuring me the whole time that everything would be ok. I held my composure in the office even though I had the biggest knot in my throat and just wanted to cry.
We got back in the car and I was looking at all the information. My H kept saying "don't worry now we know that its something that can be fixed and we will do whatever we have to do." We were hungry so we went to our favorite restraunt on the charleston marina and had brunch. My H ordered up mamosas and he raised his glass with a smile on his face and said "Here's to having a baby!" He was so cute and it brought a smile to me face.:) I think this whole experience has brought us even closer and more grateful for what we have.

5 comments:

BatStafuny said...

sounds like you have a very supportive doc and dh. i have faith in them and your body! best of luck! :)

Hay Hay said...

What an amazing DH you have! I'm sure this is a step closer to you getting your BFP!

Mrs.F said...

I'm sorry Jav. I'm so glad that you now have answers though... I'm sure your doctor will keep his promise & do all he can to get you PG asap!! Just remember you have all of us to support you on your journey :)

Angie said...

I am glad you finally got some answers. Your DH sounds like a wonderful, caring man. I am here if you need anything.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you got some answers. Sounds like DH and your doc are very supportive, and now that you know what's going on, I hope you get KU soon!!