Last week I started a low carb diet, because when I did that in college I lost alot of weight. So since last Monday I have been eating scrambled eggs for breakfast, a salad or chicken salad for lunch and grilled chicken and veggies/or something similar for dinner. I thought it would be alot harder than it really is but I have been really sticking to it! At my first RE appt last Saturday the doctor said that heavy carbs and sugars were not good for people with PCOS and I am much more likely to develop diabetes in the future, which scared me to death! So, that really kicked my butt into gear...
I bought the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD and I have continued the low carb diet, taking vitamins and drinking lots of water. I even got one of those "bender ball" ab workout things..it is awesome! I have lost 5 lbs so far but I just feel more fit and healthier.:)
Work has been the hardest because we always want to snack on candy and chocolate, but I have not eaten one piece of candy, cookie..nothing for two weeks, I am staying away from chocolate and sugar completely!! I am so proud of myself..I know if I cave at least one time I will over indulge and go back to square one. The biggest loser show is great because even though I am not a "big" person like that I can relate to some of those ladies on there. Its all about the decisions you make and what you put in your mouth..you are the only one that makes this decision so its my fault I have gained weight and no one else's. Why am I am putting off getting in shape when its only going to get worse if I don't do anything about it. I need to do this diet for myself and my disease, I want to look at myself in the mirror and be happy with my appearance and say look what I accomplished! So pray for my willpower to keep going..I want to lose about 20 lbs!! I am anxious to see myself in the next couple months! Here's to my 2009 resolution!
6 comments:
Are you sure you're insulin resistant PCOS? I thought there were two different types.
Be sure to eat lots and lots of fresh, raw veggies, especially broccoli (one of the few foods that can help remove excess estrogen from your body).
xoxo,
MrsSCty
Look at you go Jav!
You will do great. Winter is a hard time to eat healthy but I know you can do it.
Keep us posted on your progress!!!
Yay for losing 5 lbs!! Keep up the good work Jav my love :)
Not like you aren't already beautiful, but I'm glad you are feeling healthier with this new change.
good for you! pcos sucks and i am working on losing weight and cutting out sugar.
Good Job on losing 5lbs!! I am on day 4 of 30 day shred and love it but so far I haven't noticed any weight loss, because I am bloated due to AF being around the corner.
Good Luck!!
Good luck! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment