
I found this on photobucket and I thought it was great. So much is making sense now since I got diagnosed with PCOS. I think I have had it for so long but I just never thought to get a u/s or to mention it to doctors until I came across it on the internet and was sent to a RE! When I first read about PCOS..I was like BINGO!! Thats it!
My face has been out of control with acne on and off throughout my life. My periods were never really "regular" even when I was on BC and I hate to admitt it but I always struggled with a few gross hairs here and there in weird places on my body- sometimes my face...so much so I asked the dermotologist about it a few years ago but he didn't act concerned because it was not alot of hair or anything..and he just said "well you have dark hair, what can you expect." So I was sent on my way. I should have put it all together a long time ago that maybe my hormones were out of whack and something else was going on, I just didnt know what.
I am not "obsese" by any means and I never have been. I have always been an extremely active, outdoors kind of person so I was always pretty much "in shape", maybe just put on a few pounds here and there. Just "big boned" as I like to call it..I mean hell I am 6'0, big butts and thighs run in my family.lol Over the past year or so I have actually been eating better and excersising more because I was slowly putting on unexplained weight and I was finding it harder and harder to get the extra pounds off. Well, now over the past 2 months I have put on at least 10lbs.:( I will seriously cry if I see one more pound on that scale! So, I am hoping that Metformin will put some things back to normal and calm down this weight gain and get my back to my normal skin and normal weight. I am also following the low carb, no sugar diet because they say that may help insulin levels too.
So we'll see what happens. I hope this whole experience will make me even stronger and be a support for other people going through it. I believe that even though I have been hit with some challenges that it has made my life stronger and the love between my husband and I even deeper. One step at a time.....:)
2 comments:
Frightening. It's like you just wrote my story with that symptom breakdown.
Good luck- hopefully you will be able to conceive soon!
I found this post very touching. I knwo how frusturating it can be to be afflicted with a female disease-specifically reproductive related-that has such mysterious symptoms. I am glad to hear that thru your own insitance you were able to find a diagnosis & start treatment, I hope that you are success in this journey very soon. It is sad that women have to fight so hard, and that so many of our clear symptoms are brushed aside "no big deal, or normal womenhood symptoms".
Post a Comment