Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CD1 onto IUI#1

Well this is finally it...CD1. After days of spotting I think CD1 is finally here. Even though its not really that heavy it looks to be AF. So I called the nurse and she seemed to be talking 90 miles an hour....with everything I have to start taking. ::pulls out the long list::
- Metfomin(which I have been on 1500mg)
-Letrozole(Femera)
-Ovidrel
-HCG shot
-Prometrium

I THINK thats it!lol Sounds like enough right?!lol It is very overwhelming right now I must admitt, but I am sure with practice and once I get on schedule it will get easier with time. I am excited about my next appt which is 8AM on Thursday(29th) where they will do some b/w and show me how to do the injectibles and other stuff. I told DH today that I might have to get one of those old lady pill dividers things that say: Monday, Tuesday....etc....to make sure I remember to take everything when I should!

I listened to a very touching session on the radio this morning on my way to work. I didnt catch the whole thing...but it was about a young boy about 15 or so that was confined to a wheelchair with a life threatening disease. He had such a good attitude considering everything he was going through, and I thought to myself- Gosh what an inspiration he is to people and especially children. He said 'why get depressed over things you can't change. This is the life that I have and I cant change it, I might as well live it to the best of my ability. If the pieces fall down, I will bend over and pick them up.....I will keep going...Life throws obstacles in your way but you always find a way to get over them. You only have one life to live."
-I sat there with tears in my eyes as I drove to work. I thought to myself, why have I been so sad lately...I am in good health, and I am so fortunate to have the things I have. I CAN GET THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND MORE. Isn't it funny how God puts things into perspective for you. I know I was meant to hear that on the radio this morning because it really called out to me and it was what I needed to hear.

I just thought I would add this song: (I love the part of this song: Cowgirls don't cry..Ride, baby, ride..lessons in life are going to show you in time..soon enough your gonna know why...it's gonna hurt every now and then.....if you fall get back on again.....Cowgirls don't cry) Here's the rest..

Her daddy gave her, her first pony
Then taught her to ride
She climbed high in that saddle
Fell I don't know how many times
Taught her a lesson that she learned
Maybe a little too well

Cowgirls don't cry. Ride, baby, ride
lessons in life are going to show you in time
soon enough your gonna know why
it's gonna hurt every now and then
if you fall get back on again

Cowgirls don't cry
She grew up
She got married
Never was quite right
She wanted a house, a home and babies
He started coming home late at night
She didn't let him see it break her heart
She didn't let him see her fall apart'cause
Cowgirls don't cry Ride, baby, ride
lessons in life are goinna' show you in time soon enough your gonna know why
it's gonna hurt every now and then
if you fall get back on again

Cowgirls don't cry
Phone rang early one morning
Her momma's voice, she'd been crying
Said it's your daddy, you need to come home
This is it, I think he's dying
She laid the phone down by his head
The last words that he said

Cowgirl don't cry- Ride, baby, ride
Lessons in life show us all in time
Too soon God lets you know why
If you fall get right back on. Good Lord calls everybody home. Cowgirl don't cry

Remember to be strong ladies..even when things get tough, you can and will get through it, you just have to have faith.

2 comments:

Mel said...

K - I am soooo glad that you got some good news and answers and you have a plan. I am so thrilled for you and cannot wait until it pays off, which I know it will. I'm thinking of you -- keep me posted as you move forward! Mwah!

IVF Again! said...

Congrats on your exciting plan! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I was in your shoes a little over a month ago. We did our first IUI cycle with the same meds, except I didn't take Metformin. We did another IUI this month. Hopefully I'll have a BFP next week! Best wishes to you!

Are you going to Southeastern Fertility in Charleston, SC?